Engineering ManagerFATA Auburn Hills, Michigan
FATA Automation, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to oversee conveyor projects. It is a full-time position with up to 10% travel requirement. This is a salary position.
Provide leadership and technical support for projects and project teams.
Provide technical assistance for new product/system start-ups, changeovers, audits and problems.
Complete call reports, process and equipment audits. Provide coverage at customer facilities as required. Initiate corrective actions and countermeasures when necessary.
Leads design effort of various Conveyor projects focused on Schedule, cost control, reliability and innovation.
Assist the Director in the day to day operations of the department including, but not limited to: project reviews, monthly reporting, performance appraisals, and strategic initiatives or programs, policies and procedures
Lead, direct and check the work for a staff of 4-12 project and design engineers.
Generate Engineering releases and Change Order Requests for added scope on projects
Interface with the Electrical and controls group to verify equipment requirements.
Generate and maintain Open Issues lists on a weekly basis regarding task completion and schedule.
Provide technical support to the FATA Project managers, Site Managers, Purchasing vendors and suppliers as well as the customer throughout the duration of the project, traveling to the jobsite as necessary to accomplish this.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to drive multiple large projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- A variety of Conveyor knowledge and experience within the automotive industry including Skid, Skillet, Electrified Monorail, Friction drive and Chain conveyors.
- Possess sound mechanical aptitude and the ability to write accurate technical engineering reports.
- An organized leader that can align existing resources to key projects
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2D, Microsoft Word and Excel. Autodesk Inventor 3D is desired.